Thursday, February 21, 2013

How Often Should I Get A Facial ? Reflections of You Salon & Spa


How often should I get a facial?

By Gretchen Alessi, Licensed Master Aesthetician

Reflections of You Fairfax Salon & Spa

 

As a master aesthetician, one of the most common questions I get from my patients after they have received a relaxing and rejuvenating facial is “How often should I get that done”?

My answer to that question is usually “Monthly”.

Allow me to explain further: As the largest organ in our body, our skin is constantly generating new skin cells in the dermis (the deep layer of the skin) and sending them up to the epidermis (the superficial layer of the skin). As those cells rise to the epidermis, they gradually die and are then sloughed off.  This complete process is our body’s skin cell turnover and happens every 28 days, hence the optimal duration in between facial treatments.

Further, the major benefit to monthly facials is so we can treat skin conditions before they escalate into major skin problems. This is also a great time for me to modify the at-home  skin care regimen of my patients, as it can take up to two or three weeks to see any change in the skin.

At Reflections of You Salon & Spa, we offer a wide range of facial treatments, including hydrating facials, microdermabrasions,  acne treatments. These target a wide range of skin conditions including dryness, early aging, rosacea and hyper-pigmentation (sun spots).

Facials are not just about painful extractions, they are a great time to de-stress and relax.

Who doesn’t need that!


 

Teach Me Your Skincare Goals and I Will Show You How To Get There.

No comments:

Post a Comment